BRUNEI DARUSSALAM'S RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PRICE INDEX (RPPI)
FOR QUARTER 1 2021 (Q1 2021)
1. Brunei Darussalam Central Bank (BDCB) today published Brunei Darussalam's Residential Property Price Index (RPPI) for the first quarter of 2021 (Q1 2021). The index is compiled using data sourced from the banks in Brunei Darussalam, and is published with close cooperation from the Ministry of Development, in particular the Authority for Building Control and Construction Industry (ABCi).
2. In Q1 2021, the RPPI was at 92.8, showing an increase of 1.9% year-on-year compared to Q1 2020, and an increase of 2.5% quarter-on-quarter compared to Q4 2020.
3. Based on the mortgage data obtained from the banks, there were 112 transactions for private residential properties in Q1 2021, compared to 131 transactions in Q4 2020. The majority of these transactions were for detached house (60.7%); followed by semi-detached houses (20.6%); terrace houses (8.0%); apartments (8.0%); and land (2.7%).
4. The median purchase price for all types of private residential properties was BND247,000 in Q1 2021, lower by 0.8% compared to Q1 2020 and higher by 0.8% compared to Q4 2020. The median purchase prices for specific types of properties were BND283,000 for detached houses; BND185,000 for semi-detached houses; BND215,000 for terrace houses; BND220,000 for apartments; and BND150,000 for land.
5. The published statistics and index should be treated as general information only and one should not rely solely on these data to draw specific conclusions on a particular private residential property as property values vary with location, land size, floor area and so on.
6. For more information on RPPI, members of the public may refer to the technical notes on the methodology, as well as updated statistics from on the BDCB website at www.bdcb.gov.bn. Updates on the RPPI will also be available via BDCB's Instagram account @centralbank.brunei. Brunei Darussalam Central BankDate: 8 Safar 1443 / 16 September 2021
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Download RPPI Technical Notes here
Copyright © Brunei Darussalam Central Bank
All Rights Reserved